Thursday, March 9, 2017

Killed A Man? Go Repent!


Today I really felt the need to express something that doesn't sit right with me. Theists believe that as long they pray to their God, no matter what they did, they will be forgiven and accepted into an everlasting happy afterlife. This implies that murder is bad, but that it is also okay at the same time. In a way, this is subliminally telling children that it is perfectly normal to murder, just as long as they ask for forgiveness after. Yes, I know a lot people that have read up to this point are saying, "Jay, this is horribly inaccurate! I know many theists who have never committed murder because they could just ask for forgiveness!". I would tell you this is completely true and that you are 100 percent correct, not everybody commits murder. But other people commit theft, fraud, and many other illegal acts, just because they could pray the sins away. 

ILLEGAL ACTS

This needs to STOP! We, as the same people, need to come together and take responsibility for our wrong doings. People who steal things from stores and feel guilty about it, will right away get down on their knees and pray for forgiveness. THIS DOESN'T WORK! YOU are the one who stole, YOU are the one who did the illegal act! If you never take action for what you did, you will never learn from the situation. Belief is a drug; it is an addiction. People who believe in Jesus or whichever other deity, are the same as heroin addicts. They NEED to talk to God in order to not feel guilty about stealing. They then feel as though they have been accepted back into the Pearly Gates. So what happens next? They go out the next day and the day after that, until they get caught by law enforcement. This is a HORRIBLE message for children and their parents should be ashamed that they are raising kids this way.

ACCEPTING RESPONSIBILITY

I was out today, and I had a very eye opening conversation with a very devout Christian man. He told me that no matter how bad life may seem, you can always have God to comfort you. When I told him I didn't believe in God he stepped back, lowered his head and shook it. He then looked back at me and asked, "How do you expect to go to Heaven if you don't believe in God? How do you plan to wash away your sins?" I told him, "I do not have any 'sins'. Yes, I have made bad choices in my life, but I do not regret them. I realized that those mistakes have made me a better person today. I accept my bad past doings." At this point the man still wasn't satisfied, he wanted to know why I wouldn't just try to pray. I explained to him that as long a person takes responsibility for what they have done, good or bad, they are a better person for that. He told me that if I never repent I will be going to Hell. This conversation went on for at least 20 minutes and I walked away out of frustration. He couldn't live in the real world for ten seconds and see how we, as Atheist's, think.

BEING LAZY

What this thinking all comes down to is being irresponsible. Think about people who claim they aren't able to keep a job and can't make any money. They are one of the first to talk about how Jesus is going to help them one day. They just need to wait on a miracle. It almost seems like they don't want to put work in for themselves, and that is exactly what they are doing! They would rather have an imaginary, and invisible being run their lives for them, and that is very sad and lazy. If these people would take initiative to build their own success, they would be very far ahead in life. 

ALL IN ALL

My main message to take away from this, is that we Atheists, know that no invisible man/woman in the sky is going to help us. We have to deal with what is in front of us. Whether that means it is a good situation or a bad one, we are responsible for it. We as a community need to realize that, since the Theists won't. I thank you guys for reading and I'll see you all in the next one 🙂

-Jay


No comments:

Post a Comment