Saturday, March 18, 2017

ATHEISM vs SATANISM

ATHEISM

Atheism is the mindset that no deities exists and we have to believe in ourselves to get things done. We do not believe in a Heaven, we do not believe in a Hell. We are self sufficient and like taking responsibility for our actions. We do not put the blame on some unseen demonic force or forces. 

SATANISM

I read "The Satanic Bible" by Anton Szandor LaVey and I honestly didn't see any actual difference between Atheism and Satanism, except that they are more violent people. The one rule they follow is, "Hate your enemies with a whole heart, and if a man smite you on one cheek, SMASH him on the other!; smite him hip and thigh, for self-preservation is the highest law!". I mean, obviously, there are atheists that feel this way too, but this is an act straight from anger. From what I can tell, these Satanists, they are more of an "eye for an eye" type of group. So, as I was reading this book/bible, I ended up starting to agree with some of their thinking. Satanists actually believe that you yourself is "God". How great is that! Then I got toward of the end book and let's just say... it got "different".

RITUALS

I was starting to think they were actually Atheists that just titled themselves Satanists to aggravate Theists! I continued reading and about around page 46, the book started talking about performing rituals. Actual witchcraft, let's just say that I became very upset with Mr. LaVey. He did a 180 degree spin from talking about being your own "god" and believing in only yourself and other people, to performing "Magick". I was blown away with the anger behind all of these rituals he mentions. It involves burning things and literal screaming and yelling. In a way, he makes it seem like violence is okay when performing a ritual and then a paragraph later he says that you should commit violence; I'm not exactly sure what he was trying to accomplish.

GETTING IN TOUCH WITH HIGH PRIEST

I think what I can take away from this book/bible, is that he was mad at the world one day and decided to create some "religion" to amplify his feelings towards whoever he was mad at. I didn't know what to think after reading this and tried getting in touch with The Church of Satan. I tried getting a phone number and was ignored. I tried getting in touch with various social media they are on and I was ignored. I received an email back saying to read the FAQ on their website or read their book, which I had both done and none of my questions were answered. I wanted to set up a phone interview but nobody from the organization would give me the time of day. 

WRAPPING UP

In the beginning I wanted to believe that Satanists were the same as Atheists, but towards the end I quickly realized we are nowhere near the same. They still believe in an actually deity, and they still hold services with someone in charge. I don't understand what Anton LaVey was trying to accomplish when he started this "religion", but somehow he got people to worship the "devil" in his own hypocritical way. Religion is a waste of time and it needs to stop brainwashing people. That's all I have for you all today, I will see you all tomorrow 😊

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment